What is Fog Seal?
A fog seal is a light application of a diluted quick-setting asphalt emulsion (a thin liquid oil) to the surface of an aged (oxidized) pavement surface. Fog seals are used to restore flexibility to existing pavement surfaces.
Please see the following tentative schedule showing what days the streets will be completed. Dates may change due to unforeseen circumstances and we will update the information here.
City of Mesa – 2018 Fog Seal Schedule
HOURS OF OPERATION ARE FROM 7 AM TO 5 PM
Please DO NOT PARK ON THE STREET on these days.
- Please have all vehicles removed from the street by 6:30 am the day the street is scheduled to be sealed or towing may result.
- If your vehicle is parked in your garage or driveway and your street is scheduled to be sealed, please park it on the nearest street that is not scheduled to be sealed if you must leave between 6:30 am to 4:30 pm.
- Cones and barricades will be used to direct motorists away from the work areas. We ask that you stay off the treated areas of the street until the cones and/or barricades are removed.
- To avoid any possibility of getting the tar-like substance on your car or driveway, please plan NOT to enter or exit your driveway while the application process is occurring which can last between 1-2 hours.
- On the days listed above, please avoid activities that may create water runoff into the streets (i.e. washing cars, overwatering landscape).
- We ask that you put your trash containers out early before 6:00 a.m.
- In case of inclement weather, work will be postponed until weather permits.
If you have any question, comments or concerns, contact Cactus Asphalt at (623) 344-0365