At Cactus Asphalt, we have a reputation for taking care of our clients, and that reputation begins and ends with our dedicated and highly trained employees. To maintain this sterling reputation, we take the hiring process very seriously! We only add team members who will bring value and passion to our company. We are proud of the team we’ve created and look forward to adding additional motivated team members as we continue to grow and serve the greater Phoenix, AZ, area.
We are currently looking for highly skilled or inexperienced, motivated professionals to join our experienced and knowledgeable team.We offer bonuses, benefits, 90 day and a 1 year review where pay is considered for a raise! See below for more info.
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Disability insurance
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid orientation
• Paid time off
• Referral program
• Safety equipment provided
• Vision insurance
• Bonus pay
• Driver’s License (Preferred)
• US work authorization
COMPLETETES LAYOUTS OF PARKING LOTS/PAINTING OF LOT LINES/POLES & VARIOUS SIGNAGE AND PARKING BLOCK INSTALLATIONS
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Follows daily procedures and protocols as set forth in job orientations and trainings.
2. Performs routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refers defects or needed repairs to the supervisor; cleans equipment.
3. Assists in the installation and maintenance of spray machines. Orders paint and keeps accurate inventory of supplies and stencils for parking lots. Controls some traffic at worksites by flagging to guide traffic through work areas, as required or assigned. Duties may vary according to job assignment.
4. May Assist with traffic control flagging and setting of barricades for street closures/lot closures.
5. Responds to jobsite emergencies as directed and performs tasks related to the public interest and safety.
6. Will operate striping vehicles/machinery/forklifts at times depending upon job needs and driver clearances set forth by Cactus Asphalt.
1. Communication Proficiency.
2. Decision Making.
3. Learning Orientation.
4. Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
5. Detail oriented.
6. Technical Capacity.
8. Spray Equipment Proficiency.
9. Safety Conscience.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are usually Monday through Friday. Work start and stop times will vary depending upon construction calendar. Hours are 40 hours per week. and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Summer start hours range from 4-5 am. Winter hours start on average is about 6-7 am. Workers usually work until 5 pm or later at times. May work nights.
Required Education and Experience
1. (1-2 years) year construction-striping experience preferred.
2. High school diploma or GED equivalent to make appropriate arithmetic equations and complete written documentation, or an equivalent combination of experience, education and training that provides the desired knowledge, skills and characteristics.
3. Ability to work from construction maps/plans and ability to follow layouts as specified by customer or engineer.
4. Ability to understand (ADA) guidelines per City Specifications.