Asphalt Seal Coating Services in Arizona
The Benefits of Asphalt Sealcoating
Did you know that nearly 95% of paved roads in America are made of asphalt? That’s because asphalt is among the best materials for roads, highways, parking lots, and driveways, thanks to its longevity and durability. Still, like everything else, it’s no miracle material and needs occasional tenderness, love, and care to keep it operating as well as it was on the day it was freshly paved. One fast and cost-efficient way to do so is through asphalt seal coating.
At Cactus Asphalt, we offer exceptional asphalt sealcoating across Phoenix, AZ. You can trust our paving company, which ranks among Arizona’s top paving companies, to go above and beyond in providing you with comprehensive, trustworthy, and reliable assistance. Using state-of-the-art equipment to complete your seal coating job quickly and effectively, we’ll ensure that your driveway or lot looks and performs at its maximum ability. Below, we’ve highlighted all the best benefits of an asphalt seal coat, what it is exactly, and what you can expect from the process.
What Is Asphalt Sealcoating?
It is a good idea to seal coat asphalt as a routine maintenance procedure performed every two or three years to keep your asphalt in top shape. Here in Arizona, protecting your pavement from the harsh sun is especially crucial, which can prematurely age it, leading to various problems that can become costly and unruly when gone uncared for.
An asphalt seal coat combats this by providing a protective layer over your pavement that will safeguard it from both the elements and the general wear and tear of use over time. Made of a clay-stabilized, mineral-filled asphalt emulsion, including tire rubber, the seal coat offers a tough barrier that boosts the lifespan of your lot or driveway while also enhancing its curb appeal.
The Top 5 Benefits of Asphalt Sealcoating
Investing in asphalt seal coating is a wise idea for a variety of reasons. After your major initial asphalt installation purchase, you might be hesitant to put more money into the already completed project. But trust us, investing in quality maintenance every few years will make your pavement last far longer than it would otherwise. Plus, you’ll be avoiding a series of costly repairs with an occasional seal coat asphalt job. Without further ado, here are the top five benefits of asphalt sealcoating:
- Sun Protection – This is especially important here in Arizona, where the sun beats down harder than anywhere else in the US. Essentially, UV rays cause oxidation in your asphalt and its binders, leading them to become brittle and more susceptible to cracks, which endangers the people using your lot or driveway and can grow unruly if left untreated. Cracks in your asphalt can negatively impact your outdoor aesthetics. With an asphalt seal coat, it will be the seal coat and not your asphalt or binders themselves subjected to the sun’s rays, meaning your pavement will be protected and safe from the elements.
- Protection From Water – Water damage can be just as harmful as the sun when it comes to your asphalt. If you’re in a region where it snows, the freeze-and-thaw process can cause serious harm to your pavement if you leave it unprotected, especially if it already features cracks. Any rain or snow that enters into the cracks and remains once the temperature drops below freezing will cause the crack to expand as the water hardens into ice. Once the sun comes up, the water will melt and retract, only to once again freeze and expand again overnight. If repeated enough times, this process can cause irreversible damage to your pavement, leading to tough, costly repairs. This can all be avoided with asphalt seal coating that will prevent precipitation from seeping into even the smallest cracks in your lot or driveway.
- Protection From Contaminants – Spills on roads, lots, and driveways are more than common. Between the loss of oil from your car in your driveway to a major chemical spill on the freeway, it’s not just important but crucial to protect your asphalt with a seal coat. Of course, not all liquids lead to pavement damage. You don’t need to worry about rain or the occasional wine or lemonade spill when enjoying your outdoor space on a sunny day. But substances like oil, grease, gas, and acetic acid, which are commonly found in vehicles, can lead to the eventual decay of your asphalt, creating problematic potholes, cracks, and more. Seal coating protects your asphalt from getting eaten away by chemical materials.
- Longer Life Expectancy – Asphalt is strong but not indestructible. As you can see, many natural and chemical causes can lead to the wear and tear of your pavement if not protected properly via an asphalt seal coat. Investing in a high-quality seal coat placed by an expert contractor like ours at Cactus Asphalt means that your original costly investment will have been well worth the money because a simple fix like a seal coat can add years of life to your lot or driveway.
- Enhanced Curb Appeal – There’s no way around the fact that foot and car traffic will eventually lead to wear and tear on your pavement. Not to mention unsightly cracks, potholes, and bumps that can be created due to a variety of reasons, from unruly weeds to unwanted weather conditions and more. A fresh coat of sealer instantly elevates not just the functionality but the look and appeal of your pavement. Immediately after we install your new asphalt seal coat, you’ll notice an instant improvement in its aesthetic appeal. From its smooth surface to its rich, deep color, you and your neighbors won’t be able to keep your eyes off your revitalized curb appeal. Plus, if you’re planning to move, it’s a great way to increase the value of your home while attracting potential buyers.
How to Tell If You Need Asphalt Sealcoating
Of course, two or three years is the standard time to wait for a new seal coat for your asphalt. However, we don’t live in a perfect world, and sometimes it’s better not to wait long if you have increasing issues. Check for telltale signs, such as if the color of your asphalt is gradually dulling from black to gray or if it’s collecting sand deposits in its corners. Other important things for a property owner to look out for are if small cracks are forming or if there’s excessive wear and tear on the pavement. If you’re not sure, you can contact our team, and we’ll perform a property inspection to accurately determine if it’s time to apply a new asphalt seal coat.
Why Hire an Asphalt Paving Company?
It’s important to hire a professional asphalt company to complete your asphalt sealcoating job as best possible. This ensures a seamless job with amazing and long-lasting results and guarantees the safety of you and your family throughout the process. Having an experienced contractor like ours at Cactus Asphalt means you can count on a fast and stress-free job with minimal interruptions to your daily routine. Plus, we use the best materials the industry has to offer at a reasonable price point, so you can count on a strong and sturdy asphalt surface that functions as well as it looks.
Get a Free Estimate or Schedule an Appointment
At Cactus Asphalt, we’re well-known across Phoenix and its surrounding regions for our outstanding customer service and exceptional, comprehensive care when assisting our clients with everything asphalt-related, including asphalt seal coating. For over 39 years, we’ve proudly served the community with full-service asphalt assistance, including chip and crack sealing, patching, overlay, asphalt installation, paving, pavement maintenance, striping, blending, dust control, and much more. We also conveniently provide transport services for tankers, heavy hauls, spreader trucks, and dump trucks.
Our customers can attest to our high level of client-centric care, which is why they return to us time and time again for our seamless and successful services that leave their commercial and residential pavements flawless. Our friendly and knowledgeable team would love to help you next. Don’t hesitate to reach out to us today to learn more about our asphalt sealcoating service, book a consultation, or simply get a free quote on your unique project.